Used furniture shops:
Do a google search for used furniture stores in you local area.
Buy and Sell Furniture – local groups:
Buy and Sell (Ireland):
Buy locally from Auction Houses:
- Do a google search for auction houses in your local area.
- ReFunk – “ReFunk only accepts donations of solid wood pieces in good condition. It collects for free but does not pay for anything that’s accepted.” (Read more).
- Home Street Home – made from reclaimed wood
- Mia’s Upholstery
- Rediscover Furniture – at the Rediscovery Centre
- The Makery – upcycled furniture
- White Rabbit Upcycling Project
- Shabby Chic World – will help you transform your old furniture
- The Upcycler – furniture painting and upcycling
- IRD Dunhallow Furniture Revamp
- Cork Deaf Enterprises – “The work we have undertaken includes jobs for private individuals as well as upholstery work for bars, hotels, nursing homes, schools, barbers, and playschools.”
- Sherri Furniture – Drogheda
- Kildare, Wexford, Waterford, Dublin:
- Michael Murphy Home Furnishing – For a small fee, you can have your used furniture, (excluding accessories), taken away to be safely recycled.
- Lusthof Re-Design – sustainable kitchen makeover and re-design
Donate to (or buy from) Charity:
- Novas – Irish homeless charity – takes used furniture
- NCBI – Dublin – takes donations of furniture
- Lisheens House, Cork – furniture collection weekly
- Many charity shops specialise in furniture
Upcycle your furniture:
Shops and specialists:
Facebook groups and tips:
- Upcycle your furniture
- Upcycled Furniture – group
- The Revamp Tramps Workshop – Facebook group (Ireland)
- Give your furniture a makeover
- Dublin – Blackrock Upholstery
- Wicklow – Apollo Upholstery (Bray)
- Cork – Blarney Sofa Factory
- Galway – Galway Upholstery
- Limerick – Murray’s Upholstery
- Click on the ‘Furniture and Upholstery’ tab on RepairMyStuff.ie to find upholstery services in your area.