Baby and Children (pre-loved shops):
- Lovely Things.ie
- Pre-Loved Dressing.ie – ages 0-6 years
- Pre-loved by Truffle and Sweetpea – boys and girls up to age 3
- BabyMarketIreland – buy and sell events around the country
- The Warrior Soul – children’s clothes
- The Mermaid’s Purse – has a pre-loved section
FACEBOOK GROUPS – buy, sell, free & swap:
- Kids Clothes Buy and Sell Ireland
- Kids Closet (New and Pre-Loved)
- Mums in Ireland PASS IT ON
- Babywearing FSOT (For Sale or Trade) Ireland
- Babywearing Ireland
- Babywearing Ireland (BWI) Sling Chat
- Baby Comforters
- Zero Waste Baby/Children Freecycle Ireland
Local city/county areas:
- Dublin (Ireland) mamas helping hand. Free stuff.
- Dublin Family Friendly Freecycle
- Galway Parents Out and About Free Stuff
- Cork Children/Baby Items for Sale
- Baby Wearing Ireland – Cork Mamas
- Cork’s Parents Recycling Group
- Baby and Children’s items for Sale in West Cork
- Limerick Baby/kids items for Sale
- Louth/Meath Baby stuff for Sale
- Pre-loved Vintage/Retro/Organic/Funky/Handmade Children’s Clothes Bray
- Wicklow Buy & Sell Children’s Clothes & Toys
- Waterford Children’s Goods for Sale/Swap
Do a google search for a baby and children’s group in your area.
See also: Freecycle groups, Charity shops, Buy & Sell sites.
Direct Provision Initiatives – Lets Match Mums
Baby and Children’s Clothes (Buy New):
- Síológ.ie – “Organic – GOTS certified – Oeko Tex certified – fair wages and working conditions – natural – renewable – recycled – recyclable – biodegradeable – compostable – cruelty free – plastic free – hand made – small batches – locally designed and/or produced. With our Síológ Replanted initiative, items that you buy from us can be returned within 2 years of purchase, provided that they are in gently used/undamaged condition. In exchange we will give you a 25% discount off your next order with us.”
- RainbowKidsBoutique.ie – “Ethical fashion for kids and adults.”
- AttentionAttire.ie – children’s raincoats made from upcycled camping gear.
End of Life Clothes:
Clothes that are no longer suitable for re-wear:
- Put them in a bag marked ‘rags’ and bring to a charity shop that accepts rags.
- Penneys textile take-back scheme (bins located in their stores). Clothing, footwear, bags, towels and bedsheets can be placed in the bins. Scheme is operated by Yellow Octopus who state that nothing ends up in landfill and all textiles are re-used or recycled.