Pet beds, toys & accessories:
- Buy or Sell
- Make your own:
- Donate to animal charity:
- Animal rescue charities are always looking for pet beds, blankets, leads, collars, bowls and toys. So please contact the animal charities in your area as they are normally very grateful for these. If you have a lot to give away, it is worth contacting a number of different charities, as they will all take something.
- Maxi Zoo – most or all shops have a donation bin for charities where you can drop off items.
- St. Vincent de Paws (Cork) – accept donations of pet beds and accessories.
- Give away free
- Buy New:
- How to dispose of pet beds and accessories
- Benevo dog food can be bought package free at Pax Wholefoods.
- Patron dog food – profits go to animal charities which you choose when you purchase – their Grain-free range is in compostable packaging, according to the website.
- Kaya Grain-free Dog Food: “Our Kaya Grain Free Dog Food bags are in fact compostable (excluding the label on front and back, which are easily removable). We would like to have these in a compostable format in the future too.”
- Homemade dog food:
- Hotbin composter – should be able to handle dog and cat waste. From this website: “Compostable dog waste bags will rot in about three months in a hot (40-60C) compost heap. To maintain the temperature the compostable material should be aerated by turning (Hot Composting). Hot composting should kill any pathogenic bacteria.”