What would you like to do:
- Find a Repair Shop
- Find a Repair Cafe
- Repair it yourself
- Mend your own Clothes
- Mend your own Shoes
- Find spare parts
Find a Repair Shop:
- RepairMyStuff.ie – lists of repair shops around Ireland – click on any of the tabs on the screen to see a map of repair shops in your area.
- Men’s Sheds in Ireland are not repair cafes as such, however they may be willing to repair some of your items.
- List of Repair Cafes in Ireland – a repair cafe is a group of volunteers in a local area who meet in order to repair broken items and pass on their repair skills to others.
Repair it yourself:
- IFIXIT – use the Search button to look for repair guides for your broken item.
- T-Rex tape – translucent tape for repairing household items, holes and tears, outdoor gear, etc.
- Tec7 – adhesive sealant.
- How to fix a toaster that doesn’t stay down – video.
Mend your own clothes:
- Wundaweb – iron-on sealer for hem repairs – at Tesco, Hickeys, etc.
- Sugru iron-on patches for clothes repairs.
- Iron-on patches from Fruugo.ie
- Mending patches at Hickeys.ie
- How to fix a zipper
DIY Shoe Repair:
- Sugru mouldable glue – can be used to fix holes – available at Irish DIY stores.
- Shoe Goo – repairs holes – can be bought online.
- Stormsure – shoe repair glue.
- Shoe Fix Glue