For more information, click on one of these options:
- Buy or Sell – online
- Buy or Sell – local furniture groups (Facebook)
- Buy or Sell – local Used Furniture Stores
- GaffInteriors.ie – buy/sell used furniture countrywide
Buy and Sell Furniture – local groups:
Used furniture shops:
Do a google search for used furniture stores in you local area.
Buy Refurbished/Upcycled Furniture:
- Shabby Chic World – will help you transform your old furniture
- The Upcycler – furniture painting and upcycling
- IRD Dunhallow Furniture Revamp
- Cork Deaf Enterprises – “The work we have undertaken includes jobs for private individuals as well as upholstery work for bars, hotels, nursing homes, schools, barbers, and playschools.”
- Spruced – furniture restoration and upcycling
- Sherri Furniture – Drogheda
- Kildare, Wexford, Waterford, Dublin:
- Michael Murphy Home Furnishing – For a small fee, you can have your used furniture, (excluding accessories), taken away to be safely recycled.
Revamped.ie lists professional upcyclers around the country.
Buy locally from Auction Houses:
- Do a google search for auction houses in you local area.
Donate to Charity:
- Novas – Irish homeless charity – takes used furniture
- NCBI – Dublin – takes donations of furniture
- Lisheens House, Cork – furniture collection weekly
- Many charity shops specialise in furniture
- Upcycle your furniture
- The Revamp Tramps Workshop – Facebook group (Ireland)
- Give your furniture a makeover
- Shabby.ie – furniture upcycling specialist
- Zhivago.ie – upholstery suppliers
- Dublin – Blackrock Upholstery
- Cork – Blarney Sofa Factory
- Galway – Galway Upholstery
- Limerick – Murray’s Upholstery
- Click on the ‘Furniture and Upholstery’ tab on RepairMyStuff.ie to find upholstery services in your area.
End of Life Furniture:
- Ikea allows customers to bring back their used furniture when it is no longer needed – only if bought originally from Ikea.
- Furniture that cannot be donated, sold, re-used or upcycled can be brought to your nearest civic amenity site.