Find zero-waste, zero-packaging and plastic-free options for the following:
- Solid makeup without plastic can be bought at Lush – UK online shop or high street Irish Lush shops.
- Mineral perfecting powder can be bought packaging-free at Minimal Waste Grocery refill shop in Dublin. Online orders delivered by courier. Powder comes in a paper bag.
- Loose blusher powder can be bought package free at Minimal Waste Grocery refill shop in Dublin. Online orders delivered by courier. Powder comes in a paper bag.
- Loose mineral eyeshadow can be bought package free at Minimal Waste Grocery refill shop in Dublin. Online orders delivered by courier. Powder comes in a paper bag.
- Solid mascara on Etsy – comes in a tin.
Makeup applicator/remover pads:
- Washable 100% cotton makeup remover pads can be bought at many of these online shops. Cotton can be composted at end of life.
How to Recycle:
- If you are going zero-waste and still have cosmetics tubes and containers, they can be recycled with Terracycle’s Garnier program.
- From this article, regarding the Terracycle Garnier program:
Waste products currently acceptable for collection are haircare, skincare and cosmetics packaging, including shampoo and conditioner bottles and caps, hairspray caps, lotion dispensers, gel tubes, lipstick cases, mascara tubes, compacts, palettes, foundation bottles, concealer tubes and eyeliner pencils (just make sure they’re clean first).
- Alternatively, you could take your packaging to your nearest L’Occitane outlet. They also recycle packaging in partnership with Terracycle.
- Maybelline have a recycling program – bins located in some Boots shops.
- Your local Lush shop will take back their plastic packaging and recycle it.
- Nail Varnish – currently should be placed in your rubbish bin.